It's Hip to Clip!

Check out our daily secrets to saving big!


http://www.hiptoclipcoupons.blogspot.com/









Saturday, August 15, 2009

Free Groceries from Kraft

I wanted to make sure this really worked before I posted it so I checked it out yesterday--and it worked! Kraft and Shoppers are running a great deal for the next week. Check it out here.

The deal is is that you can only buy items from their "shopping list", which you can print from the site above. Make sure you follow the rules on the exact items and ounces for the rebate to be legit. Now I know a lot of this food is junk type food, but it's basically free so I wasn't complaining.

Here is what I did:
  • I printed off the shopping list from the website above

  • I noted items on the list that I already had coupons for before going to Shoppers

  • At Shoppers I found a gazillion more coupons to go along with the products (the coupons are located on the Kraft displays at the front of the store and back by the meat department)

  • Buy the items listed that total up to $25 dollars. Make sure that if you are using coupons that your final total, on the certain items, will still be $25. (I ended up using $21 in coupons and spent $28.12 after all of the coupons were deducted.)

  • Make sure you get your rebate slip from the cashier and the $5 Shoppers printout.

  • After paying I went and bought $5 more in groceries in order to use my Shoppers printout.

  • Fill out your rebate and drop it in the mail.

So here was my total:

I used $21 in coupons

I spent $28.12, out of pocket, on my first transaction

I spent .43 cents on my second transaction after using my $5 coupon

I will get a $20 rebate check back in the mail

So, in the very end, I will have ended up paying only $8.55 and the price of one stamp for all 24 items--not too bad for $54.55 worth of groceries (that's an 84% savings).

The bananas, 2 bags of carrots, and bread crumbs were my $5 purchases. I had 2 coupons that stated that if I bought Ritz crackers I got a box of Wheat Thins free. I also used $1 off each CPK coupons, $1 off 2 cream cheese coupons, and the other coupons I used were all from the displays in the store.

Happy shopping!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love it...also loving triple coupons at Harris Teeter this week.

Angie said...

You're a POWER couponer!!!